Yarnbombing planning and guidelines:
1. Should not be a health or safety risk
2. Plan yarnbombing item to suit location and target; reference to a locality or event
3. Reccy the location for appropriate targets; measure and photograph for later reference
4. Consider the yarnbomb's colours: is there a corporate sponsorship element to be considered; is there a colour theme of an event/locality that could be referenced?
5. If yarnbomb is to be located at low height, keep in mind the dog pee factor
6. Is there tourism potential, ie The Tag’s Travels – pics of it at different sites
7. Tagging the yarnbomb is optional: laminate tag for durability, if desired; a message or quote could be added for whimsy or could be the sole purpose of the yarnbomb, ie, to deliver a message/theme
- can the yarnbomb item have a second life? ie. can it be a useful item: mobile phone holder, scarf, hat, beanie, headband, cowl, pair of wrist warmers, cuffs, blanket, toy, flower? (Perhaps no balaclavas!) Can homeless folk get some use out of it?
- consider using upcycled yarn from repurposed knitted items, or get into decluttering and trash that yarn stash!